This post contains affiliate links which means that I will make a small commission if you purchase a product after clicking on any of them, at no extra cost to you.
Tampa is a city known for its diverse nightlife, and it surprisingly has a thriving country music scene. If you’re looking to kick up your heels and embrace the cowboy or cowgirl spirit, there’s no shortage of country bars in Tampa Bay to choose from. In this guide, I’ll introduce you to the best country bars in Tampa and recommend a few gems just outside the city for the ultimate honky-tonk experience.
Best Country Bars in Tampa
1. Dallas Bull
Known as the heart of country music in Tampa, the Dallas Bull is a must-visit for any country music enthusiast. This iconic nightclub hosts top-notch live country artists and bands as well as DJ nights, making it the perfect place for line dancing, boot-scootin’, and enjoying the lively atmosphere.
They are open Thursday-Saturday, and if you need to enhance your line dancing skills, they even offer free lessons on Thursdays and Fridays!
And, as if it needs mentioning, Dallas Bull proudly features a mechanical bull that awaits you for an exhilarating ride.
Related read: check out fun things to do in Tampa at night!
2. Coyote Ugly
If you’re looking for a wild and fun country bar experience, look no further than Coyote Ugly in Ybor. While it’s not exclusively a country bar, it’s renowned for its energetic staff, dancing on the bar, and a playlist that often includes country hits.
I have been known to be spotted hopping up on the bar myself. I can confirm it’s a good time.
3. Southern Belle
Southern Belle is the newest on the Tampa country bar scene and is also located in Ybor City. This Ybor bar is a country lover’s paradise. With a Southern vibe and live music almost every night, it’s a great place to enjoy the sounds of country music.
With a mechanical bull, amazing photo ops, and live music every weekend, this spot guarantees an unforgettable experience. On Fridays and Saturdays, Southern Belle also offers line dancing classes.
Venture Beyond Tampa
If you’re willing to travel a bit further outside Tampa, you’ll discover even more outstanding country bars.
- Cowboys Dance Hall (Largo, FL): Previously known as the Waterin Trough, this rustic watering hole is open Tuesday-Sunday and have plenty of drink specials, dancing lessons, pool tournaments, and more.
- Welcome to the Farm (Downtown St. Pete, FL): This country bar provides a farmhouse party atmosphere that features a wide variety of specialty cocktails and an extensive whiskey selection.
- One Night Stand (Downtown St. Pete, FL): Another great country bar with a mechanical bull!
- Two Buks (Clearwater, FL): Two Buks offers country and rock music, a lively dance floor, and affordable drinks. Along with that they have Trivia Tuesday, pool tables, karaoke Fridays, and so much more.
- The Stockyard (Holiday, FL): For a true country experience, head to The Stockyard, featuring live country bands, a mechanical bull, and more.
Exploring these country bars in Tampa Bay offers a taste of Southern hospitality, good music, and plenty of fun. So, grab your cowboy boots and hat and get ready to two-step your way through some of the best country bars Tampa has to offer.
Before you go, be sure to follow me on Insta for more Tampa content, and check out some of my other posts like: